Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blue haired lady

It  hasn't occurred to me  that I am considered old!  Yes, OLD!!  When the heck did that happen??  Recently, I have been mistaken for my young friends mother.  My friend, AJ, is 32.  I guess I could be her biological parent.  We don't really look alike.  Except,,,,,I have white hair.  Tactless people ask if I am AJ's mother.  My friends all think it is hysterical!!  Of course they think it's funny!  They are all in their 30's.  I will be 49.  Still young, in my thinking.

  This  morning I spoke at a church Bible study about an outreach I am involved in.  As I drove out of the parking lot, I thought about how sweet those "blue haired ladies" are.  One blue hair gave me some money for our outreach.  Oh, those blue hairs are just the nicest ladies!  I smiled to myself.  Then, I saw myself in the rear view mirror.  Oh my gosh!!!  I AM one of those sweet old blue hairs!!! 

  My husband thinks I should go back to the unnatural color of red.  I don't like coloring my hair.  I feel it is a waste of my time and his money.  I can think of better ways to spend $60!!  I actually enjoy my white hair.  I like that I can wear vibrant lipstick.  (Bright lipstick is one way to spend $60!)  This is how God made me.  To be prematurely gray.  I am happy with this season of life.  I just wish other people would stop asking me how old I am.  I am the age I need to be!  Thank you God, for having me at the place I need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment