Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Every Thursday is thankful at my home! Since child #3 was born, my mother in law has taken my children for the entire day! It started in 1997 after number 3. My two older children were in a private school. I was the Thursday librarian. So Nonni would take the baby. Nonni continued to keep the babies on Thursdays, even after two more children were born. Number 4 came in 1999, #5 came in 2001. When my husband and I decided to home school the last 4 children, Nonni was worried she wouldn't be able to still have the children on Thursdays. As much as I love my children,,,,,,,what mother would not accept having a day off during the week?? Somebody not in their right mind!!!! Nonni bakes cookies with the kids every week. Then she and the kids walk to her neighbors house and shares cookies with her "elderly" neighbors. My 13 year old has learned to bake from her Nonni, my son, has learned how to play cribbage with Grampa, and #5 has learned all of the above!! What a treasure this Nonni is! This is something my children will hold close in their hearts for ever!
Better get off the computer. Kids are standing in front of me with coats on and car loaded to go to Nonni's house!!

Have a Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment