Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My children

  My oldest daughter came home yesterday, for a short visit.  She and her husband live in Minnesota.  She and I had a few rough years while she was a teen.  About the age of 19, we became great friends.  I have been missing her company, so when she told me she had Spring Break this week, I asked her to come home.  She and I sat on the couch all afternoon, while the other 3 children drifted in and out of the living room.  Oldest and I talked and laughed and hung out.  Sometimes, she would hang out her younger siblings.  So peaceful, so wonderful to watch them!  After dinner, youngest daughter, went up to my room to watch tv.  Then I came upstairs, then came daughter #3, and then oldest daughter came up.  By 8:00, Oldest and I were in my bed, snuggled up.  Youngest, laid across the bottom of the bed, and #3, sat in various comfortable spots.  I sat in my bed, and looked at all 3 of my girls and marveled.  How awesome in God??!!  I can see all 3 girls in different seasons of life!  Young married, 13 year old teen, 9 year old daughter.  Makes me tear up, just thinking about our blessings in life!  Oldest and 13 year old, are the mirror image of each other.  Our youngest is the only child of the 5, that looks like my husband.  I like to look at all 5 of my children and enjoy each season of their life with them.  Someone once asked me, why we had so many children with such a huge age span?  I think that age span is the coolest thing EVER!!  I can look at my 22 year and see what is coming up next for my 13 year old.  I look at my 20 year old son, and watch the path my 11 year old boy is headed.  So cool, how God has allowed me to see some of the possibilities for my children.  Each child makes choices, but at least I feel a little prepared for the next season each one is headed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment