Saturday, March 5, 2011

A new season in life.

I have hit another season in life.  One that I thought my husband and I would NEVER reach!!  It happened innocently enough.  We were alone last night.  Yup, no kids all night and all day today.  Weird.  We have been parents since 1988!  I started to see light at the end of the tunnel in 2005.  It crept up on us.  One blink, and small toddlers are all gone.  I have told people we really enjoy the wide age span of all our children.  It shows us how quickly life with children speeds past.  One minute your child is wrapped around your leg, screaming to be picked up.  One blink, and that same child is screaming for you to leave them alone!!  Ugh.  I never really had a problem with the clingy toddlers.  I really didn't ever say they were terrible twos.  Terrific twos, we called them.  It is the terrible teens.  I am always in shock when my children push me away, when they scream to be left alone.  WOW!!  Where did my baby go??  But, don't we raise up our children to be independent adults?  Adults, that are capable of being productive in society?  So, I guess my husband and I are doing a fairly decent job at raising children.  They all have friends and a life.  So, I think they won't need as much therapy as we had originally thought.  #2 son, might argue with that point!

  Anyway,  I spent my day alone, dusting and cleaning.  Dusting the living room in #4 child's job.  As I was dusting and mumbling under my breath, about the crappy job he has been doing, I came across his secret stash.  His stash of Lego people and weapons.  Ha, had to smile to myself.  He is pretty cute for an 11 year old.  I continued to dust the dirty living room.  I went to my 2 sconces over the couch to dust.  Wait, what is that perched on the sconce?  A Lego skeleton, poised to shoot someone!!  Aaaahahahahahahaaaaa!   Life goes SO fast, a child's life speeds by!!

  Enjoy your blessings.  It goes to fast.
Don't blink, my favorite song by Kenny Chesney.

No comments:

Post a Comment