Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Home sweet home!

It is wonderful to be back in my own home.  My friend AJ,  calls it, "cul-de-sac life."  I live on a dead end street.  I call it my "bubble."  I am protected here from outside sources.  But most of all, in my own home, I can cook and eat when we want.  No dinner at 8:30 in my house!! 

  Sunday night's meal was pork and beef roast with mashed potatoes.  This is my husband's favorite meal.  Last night was my favorite meal, spaghetti and meatballs.  I had also made fresh sourdough bread.  I love to cook and I love to make things as fresh and organic as possible.  I think that is what I missed the most while in Florida.  Not being allowed to cook for us.

  When I got home Saturday night, I immediately went to the neighbors house and got my sourdough starter, that she was babysitting for me.  Mmmm, the smell of sourdough is so wonderful!  Then I started some homemade yogurt.  I eat a ton of yogurt and making my own is $2.65 to make 5 quarts.  Pretty economical.  After all that, I moved on to my kombucha.  I could not find "booch" anywhere in Florida!  I was excited to get home and drink my own brand of kombucha.  If you don't know what kombucha is, google it.  I like the website Kombucha Kamp. 

  So breakfast this morning consisted of plain homemade yogurt with a splash of vanilla, sourdough bread with honey, and coffee!  Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment